The Co-operative Academy of Manchester and Yes Manchester have an exciting opportunity for someone taking the first steps in establishing a graphic design or media business, to be based at The Hive in Blackley, North Manchester.
The Hive offers affordable, stylish and high specification office space for start-up businesses. Find out more about The Hive at www.hive.coop
We are looking to offer a significant level of support to a business to be based at The Hive.
The successful applicant would be asked to design and undertake:
- social media campaigns
- internal signage
- policy documents
- other materials
We would also ask the applicant, from time to time, to speak to our students about their business.
We believe this offer will help a talented designer develop a strong and successful business. The opportunity would be especially beneficial to a designer who was also interested in app development, web design and digital marketing.
- Exclusive use of a free office pod at The Hive for 12 months.
- 2 days a week guaranteed graphic design work from The Co-operative Academy of Manchester
- Grant available to support setup costs (subject to conditions)
- Business mentoring and support.
- Opportunity to build a portfolio and network with high spend organisations
- Guaranteed income – a superb backbone to a fledgling freelancer or agency
- Innovative and creative management who have vision and purpose
- The chance to work with energetic and enthusiastic students
- Fellowship and partnership with a socially conscious organisation
- Socially responsible
- Partnership led
- Interested in young people’s futures
In the first instance we would like those interested to visit The Hive for an informal chat. Please contact Lee Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0161 795 3005 before 5pm on Wednesday 11 May 2016.
Serious applicants would be asked to give a presentation on Wednesday 18 May 2016. This would include:
- A portfolio of their design work and talking through some projects from brief to execution
- Their aspirations for their business
- Their approach to customer service
- Their approach to social responsibility